Monday, April 07, 2008

De-Motivation...

Oh, sometimes you just find something on the ol' inter-web that is just too fun for your own good.

Everybody remembers those cheesy motivational posters from the late 90s? "TEAMWORK" and there's a photo of a rowing crew and some pithy saying like, "The whole is greater than the sum of the parts." (or is is the sum of the squares of the sides of a right triangle? I can never remember...)

I had a faux one of these posters in my locker in dental school. It had a lovely shot of the Leaning Tower of Pisa:

Underneath it read: MEDIOCRITY - It takes a lot less work, and no one really notices the difference 'til it's too late.

Now, as anyone who knows me will tell you, I really try to be anti-mediocre...however, with all the assignments of dental school, my perfectionistic tendencies would have killed me in under two quarters. The poster reminded me to accept a little imperfection here and there, or I'd never finish anything.


Anyway, this site:
Motivator
allows you to make your own. Too much fun!

Here's my contribution, w/ credit to my loving cat-loaf, Kirby:

5 comments:

Leslie Kristine said...

cheesy posters from the 90's?
hah! we still have those now, in fact we have videos now, with graffiti fonts in an attempt to make them cool and appealing towards the young crowd, with rappers-you've-never-heard-of telling you to stay drug free and in school if you want to become a [insert weird job here]
the kitty loaf is adorkable!
reminds me of this site: http://icanhascheezburger.com/

Jean said...

I love that poster of the cat, haha. I remember all of those cheesy 90's posters. I also remember how some women would have Cathy comic strips in their cubicles, or others would have a Non Sequitur strip.

blake said...

Hi Dr. Nate

I found your website while searching for Invisalign/Dental blogs. Cool layout and design :)!

Would you be open to an Antibraces guest post? Antibraces works with
Invisalign and Invisalign products and I would love to post a topic on
your blog with your approval.

Please email me and let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

thanks,

Blake Abel
Web Director
AntiBraces
babel@antibraces.com

Unknown said...

I would just like to say to all my fellow Entrepreneurs…just remember that persistence is the key to success. Lawrenceville dentist

Secured Loan said...

Secured Loans make the best of your existing resources and are seen as the most cost effective major expense loan and are the most popular, Many people use Secured Loans for many different reasons such as: Weddings, Education, Home Improvements, Purchase of Vehicles and Debt Consolidation.

Secured Loans make the best of your existing resources and are seen as the most cost effective major expense loan and are the most popular, Many people use Secured Loans for many different reasons such as: Weddings, Education, Home Improvements, Purchase of Vehicles and Debt Consolidation.